Friday, October 16, 2009

starting easy

~ Diabetes is about dedication. Taking care of your diabetes which means caring for you life is all about discipline, but that certainly doesn’t mean you cant have a life any more, we don’t have to start changing our entire personalities now that we have become diabetics. Diabetes doesn’t control our lives; we just need to control our diabetes. The good thing is diabetes is fairly simple to control, relatively speaking i mean. Diseases like cancer and muscular dystrophy are not as easily cared for, so in a large since we are lucky. You and i are a family that the non diabetics are not invited into, we are there for each other. If i meet another diabetic it is an automatic connection, we have started a relationship, it doesn’t mean i love every other diabetic i can still choose my friends but it is a close connection, a tie between us. We can support each other not just regarding our diabetes but anything else swell because we are a kind of family now.

Please feel free to email me ilivewithdiabetes@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Sara said...

I do have one question actually, I am twentythree years old and have recently been diagnosed with diabetes. It doesnt really run in my family as much as I can tell, is there something that I did or did not do that cuased this?