Saturday, October 31, 2009

ANSWER TO SARA

~ I am under the understanding that type one diabetes is not a result of anything you did or did not do. Often it could be hereditary but it could happen otherwise as well. No body in my family has diabetes, not my grandparents or any one that I ever knew to have it. I think that when that is the case like it is with you and me that the doctors believe it is the result of a virus that attacks the pancreas. Type two diabetes on the other hand could also be hereditary, but could be a result of ones health, primarily obesity. In either case type two diabetics can more easily care for their diabetes with proper diet and exercise and with tat they can often but not always prevent it as well.

Please feel free to email me ilivewithdiabetes@yahoo.com

No comments: